Monday, March 16, 2015

5 Silver Crowns from TheSpaReview for the Angsana Spa in Qatar

The Angsana Spa is AN Angsana spa - a chain of high-class Thai-inspired spas worldwide.  Naturally you can expect it to be extremely well-designed and professional and appealing.  It is.

Angsana Spa in the Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel in  Qatar is really a fine example of a 5 Silver Crown spa, as rated by TheSpaReview.  It has lovely quiet treatment rooms, talented and trained staff, a wide range of treatments, indoor sauna and outdoor pool, Thai-sourced body products to take home, scented air and soothing music, a total restful ambiance where guests can shut out the real world for a bit.

For the second time, I treated myself to the "Top to Toe" special - a really good way to ramp up my energy for the week ahead.  It began with a lemon-yogurt body scrub, continued on to a date-almond body conditioner, a full-body massage, and ended with a Deep Marine Purifying facial.  Actually, I chose those from a tantalizing menu of choices.  In the spa menu, this 4 hour treatment ends with a jacuzzi session, but the last time I did the full treatment, the hot water almost melted me, and it washed off all the soothing essential oils that had been worked into my skin, so I opted for an extra few minutes in the massage this time.  It is important to remember that spa guests can and should ask for small changes that make experiences more ideal.

I've visited this spa several times.  For the first time (and the last time, I hope), two unpleasant things happened.  First, two men in street clothes just walked and walked around in the treatment area.  It freaked me out. They just should not have been there, even though I was told they were "on inspection."  Then, I was put into a treatment room beside the spa service area and it was noisy for the whole 4 hours, despite the fact that I asked twice for consideration.  The first point here, then, is to make sure your treatment room is NOT in the service area of the spa.  And the second point is that guests should express themselves if there are problems of any kind that dampen their spa enthusiasm. Spa professionals always want their guests to be happy.

In my opinion, the VERY best way to spa is to be in an a hotel spa where I can find my way, in bathrobe and slippers with hair still awry and muscles like noodles, to my room. I firmly believe it is important to return slowly to the real world and to prolong the spa buzz as long as possible.  The second best option includes both a relaxation room for getting ready to face the world again, and valet parking so you don't have to remember where you parked.  The Angsana Spa can provide both options and that makes it pretty perfect.

Yes, Angsana Spa can be expensive for many budgets, but I think of wellness and happiness as a great investment.

I look forward to trying the amazing hydrotherapy room next - a series of showers and ice and steam rooms.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Dr. Kathryn for the write up.